Work above the drill floor includes: watching and maintaining proper drilling fluid characteristics, the rate of fluid circulation, mud handling equipment and the preventative maintenance program.
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO)
- First Aid/CPR
- Loader Operator
- Confined Space
- Rig Tech 2
- Fall Protection
- Rig Rescue
The duties of a Derrickhand include but are not limited to the following:
- Know and adhere to all Predator policies, procedures and practices, and ensure crew members are doing the same.
- Learn and adhere to Government safety regulations
- Execute and promote the Company’s Safety Program to all employees and set an example to fellow employees by adhering to all Safe Work Practices and Policies.
- Instigate, encourage and participate in weekly safety meetings, rig inspections and Hazard ID Program.
- Report ALL incidents.
- Responsible to condition the drilling fluid and maintain mud pumps.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment above the drill floor and all equipment associated with the drilling fluid system. Inspect shale shakers, mud agitators, hoses, connectors, trash pumps and suction line pulsation dampeners daily to ensure proper working order.
- Manage parts inventory.
Benefits of Working At Predator
- Have fun and enjoy what you do
- Join a growing, industry leading company
- Career advancement opportunities
- Feel confident with our extensive training initiatives
- Get competitive industry wages and benefits