Under the direction of the Manager, Preventative Maintenance and the Supervisor, Preventative Maintenance, the Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible to perform general maintenance and major mechanical repairs to ensure proper performance and safety of all Predator Drilling equipment.
Working in conjunction with the Rig Managers and Field Superintendents, the Heavy Duty Mechanic provides a broad spectrum of mechanical and technical support ensuring that uptime is optimized as well as being mindful of the cost effectiveness of the repairs.
What qualities do we look for?
Predator Drilling INC is a fast-paced, close knit group. We are looking for dynamic and self-starters who can work within our Core Values of Safety, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork and Performance Excellence.
Education and Experience:
- Heavy Duty Mechanic trade – Journeyman Certificate
- Valid certifications such H2S Clear, First Aid, and Fall Arrest, Safeland, etc.
- Drilling industry experience an asset
- Drilling Rig repair and maintenance experience
- Knowledge of hydraulic system, top drives, draw works and other fundamentals working parts of a drilling rig
Summary of duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate mechanical problems using diagnostic equipment
- Evaluate mechanical problems, and inspect repairs completed
- Rebuild, replace, or repair components, assemblies, and systems including engines, transmissions, suspensions, hydraulics, etc.
- Check and repair electrical and cooling systems
- Perform routine maintenance and preventative care
- Update and maintain accurate preventative maintenance records
- Help train mechanic helpers
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery to prescribed safety procedures
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties
- Ensure shop, equipment & tools are in safe operating condition; correct to any unsafe conditions
- Primarily work out of a service truck
- Must be able to work irregular hours away from home or be on call
- Other duties assigned
- Comprehensive Training
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive employee benefits program
- Employee advancement and growth opportunities
- Welcome and friendly working environment
Predator Drilling INC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment.
Benefits of Working At Predator
- Have fun and enjoy what you do
- Join a growing, industry leading company
- Career advancement opportunities
- Feel confident with our extensive training initiatives
- Get competitive industry wages and benefits